Saturday 28 November 2009

New Chess Player's Blog...

I'm still suffering from chess blogger's cramp. I have to do so much chess writing in other contexts that the blog occupies a rather low priority at the moment. Apologies.

I've just spotted this new blog by the Anglo-Russian chess player Maria Yurenok - Maria's Chess Adventures. Looks very interesting. Glad to see that Maria is also a cat lover!

I'm going to be the press chief at the forthcoming London Chess Classic tournament so there may be more scope for blogging then (and also a bit of tweeting too). In the meantime I've got to clear my desk - magazines seem to take longer to write and edit every month.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Nohn.
    May I ask if your father´s name was Kenneth and if he translated?

    If not; sorry to bother you!

    James Plaskett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim

    He still is Reg and he doesn't.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah.

    And the Chessbase report on the last round of the London Classic, with its misquoting of Caesar - is that by you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - misquote? How so?

    ReplyDelete
  5. See Entries 44 and 256 at www.jamesplaskett.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. btw; may I ask if you live in the Home Counties?
    Berks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, Jim, but you are off-beam with this "misquote" stuff. Instead of sending me obscure links to blogs which I can't find, why not drop me a line and I'll explain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay.
    To which e mail address should I be writing?

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  9. editor@bcmchess.co.uk

    ReplyDelete